The PreCanskate program includes 25 minutes of instruction for children who have never skated before. Average group size is ten skaters. The minimum age is four years old by December 31 of the registration season.
- C.S.A. approved HOCKEY HELMETS with full face protection are MANDATORY for skaters in PrecanSkate
- A parent or guardian must be present in the arena or lobby at all times while their child is on the ice.
- Parents / Guardians are responsible for providing appropriate and properly maintained equipment for participants.
- Parents are prohibited from the ice surface.
- Parents are to direct any questions and/or concerns to an Executive or Coach.
In their fun 30 minute session, skaters will learn to balance and move forward, to move backward and stop, to stride,
jump & turn. Professional, NCCP certified coaches assisted by trained, volunteer Program Assistants use fun music,
brightly coloured teaching aids, hockey sticks, bubbles, games and hoola hoops to motivate and inspire skating!